- The patience of an elevator with no buttons pushed.
- The rain clouding my glasses.
- Turning the wrong way. My GPS letting me.
- The grace of a pink umbrella.
- The waiter who remembers, and the one I've never met.
- The man who calls her sweetheart, the blue of his shirt that matches mine, the steamroller chin. "Hey sweetheart," handing her bills. "I know I don't have to but I do because you're a sweetheart."
- He seems to be staring my way so I don't look up.
- He says to his friend "...start taking pictures of trees."
- The closer conversation: "I wouldn't say that too loud."
- The lights in the dark contained in themselves like christmas ornaments.
All the dark in between.
Telling: Streams & Logs